Pinole's Streets and Roads

Streets and Roads


The City repairs potholes and irregularities in the paved surface of City streets on an "as needed" basis. There are also a number of utility companies that need to gain access to their equipment through the street. If you see conditions that require repair, please contact the Public Works Department at (510) 724-9010 or email at [email protected]  and we will notify the appropriate department or utility company. You may also contact Public Works staff at (510)741-2065.

The City has a 2016 Pavement Management Report that recommends street maintenance by section for programming into the City's Capital Improvement Program. The recommendations in the report are the result of a decision making matrix that recognizes the City does not have enough resources to fund all desired road maintenance. The focus of repair is, therefore, on road sections that are in fair to good condition. This focus allows the City to maintain fair to good sections at a lower unit cost. The Metropolitan Transportation Committee provides guidance to the City through its pavement technical assistance program visit the

The street markings around the City are repainted annually. Every year, the City repaints the markings on the streets to keep them visible to drivers. If you notice the Public Works crew working on the streets, please drive with caution.

> Traffic Counts Statistics (xls)


Under streets and Highway Code 5610, it is the responsibility of the property owner to maintain the sidewalk around their property. 

Sidewalk repairs must be completed by a licensed contractor. The contractor will need to obtain a City of Pinole business license as well as an encroachment permit.


The City repairs and replaces all City-owned street name and traffic safety signs.

If you see a sign that is missing, unreadable or in need of repair, please call the Public Works Department at (510) 724-9010 or email us at [email protected]. You may also contact Public Works staff at (510)741-2065.


If you see a problem with one of the traffic signals around Pinole, please give us a call and let us know. We need to have the location and direction of the light as well as the type of problem the signal is experiencing (ie. flashing, burned out, etc.), with this information we can direct the County Signal Maintenance Department to the proper signal light.

 Please call the Public Works Department at (510) 724-9010 or email us at [email protected].  You may also contact Public Works staff at (510)741-2065.  After hours please call Pinole Police Department non-emergency line (510) 724-1111.