Pinole's Permits for Work in Right-of-Way

Permits for Work in Right-of-Way

Chapter 12.04 of the Pinole Municipal Code has been amended as approved by Council on July 5, 2022.  The new requirements go into effect August 5, 2022.

An encroachment permit  is required for any work performed in the public right of way, as specified in Chapter 12 of the Pinole Municipal Code
.  Examples of work requiring an encroachment permit includes, but is not limited to:

  • Closure of minor streets for a block party.
  • Placing a temporary storage container (i.e. POD) in the street.
  • Construction, replacement, or widening of a driveway approach.
  • Repairing or replacing a storm drainpipe through the curb.
  • Repair or replacement of a sidewalk.
  • Trenching in the street for a utility repair (i.e. sewer later repair).
  • Plant, remove, cut, cut down, injure or destroy any city street tree, street shrub, street plant or street flowers located in the public right-of-way.

If you are unsure as to whether a permit is needed, please phone staff at (510) 741-2065 or email [email protected] for assistance.