The Pinole Community Services Commission seeks to enhance quality of life for the citizens of Pinole through responsive and interactive community services.
We meet the fourth Wednesday of each month at 5pm at Pinole City Hall, first floor, in the Small Conference Room. Entrance is across from the rock fountain at the back of Pinole City Hall.
PINOLE COMMUNITY SERVICE DAY - SAT, JUNE 13, 2015
The fifth annual Pinole Community Service Day will be held Saturday, June 13, 2015. This is a great opportunity in Pinole for residents to help make their community or neighborhood a better place to live. Last year, more than 150 volunteers participated in a variety of community projects which paired volunteers with community organizations for three-hour, hands-on service projects, followed by a free thank-you lunch. Register and have a free breakfast from 8-9 a.m. at the Pinole Youth Center, work from 9 a.m. to noon, and then return to the youth center for a free lunch. To sign up to volunteer as an individual or a group, click the Volunteer Application below or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
> Community Service Day Flyer
> Volunteer Application
- Advises the City Council, Recreation Director, City Manager and other boards, Commissions, and City departments in all matters pertaining to public recreation, parks, arts and cultural activities, historical activities, public access television activities, senior and youth activities and community services.
- Reviews and recommends policies and procedures governing recreation, park, and community services for approval by the City Council.
- Supports and nurtures relationships with schools, community, and civic organizations; collaborate with individuals, civic clubs, nonprofit organizations and citizen groups to develop programs and activities for the citizens of Pinole.
- Serves as a forum in introducing innovative ideas, concepts, programs, policies, and procedures.
- Markets and communicates the Community Services Commission's activities to the general public and increases awareness of City services and activities.
The Commission's activities include:
- The fourth annual Pinole Community Service Day will be held Saturday, June 7, 2014. This is a great opportunity in Pinole for residents to help make their community or neighborhood a better place to live. Last year, more than 150 volunteers participated in a variety of community projects which paired volunteers with community organizations for three-hour hands-on service projects, followed by a free thank-you lunch at the Pinole Senior Center. To sign up to volunteer as an individual or a group, click the Volunteer Application below or email email@example.com.
- Communication and collaboration with Pinole schools. Each Commissioner is assigned a school; Commissioners contact the principals quarterly to inquire about needs the City might provide.
- Recommending City Council approval of Commission-recommended projects for the expenditure of Measure WW funds, including the renovation of the Pinole Valley tennis courts, installation of a senior fitness trail at the Pinole Senior Center, renovation of the Pinole Valley Park West soccer field, interior renovation of Pinole Community Playhouse and either a bocce ball court or skate park. The Commission worked extensively on Measure WW funding by developing a potential project list, soliciting community input, hosting a community forum and presenting a final list for Council approval.
- Review and feedback on a number of City policies including the General and Specific Plans, Pinole Parks & Recreation Master Plan, Capital Improvement Projects and the EDHAC Work Plan.
A critical aspect of the Commission is their community advocacy. They have provided feedback for a number of organizations and projects. The Commission also weighed in on issues such as the Skate Park, Swim Center, No Smoking in Parks policy and exploration of the Charter School concept. Commissioners regularly talk to community members and bring ideas back to the Commission and Recreation Department on what our community needs and wants.
Photos: (click thumbnails for larger image)