Affordable housing is available in the City of Pinole. Some of the opportunities include:
- City-Restricted Units - Click here for a list of properties that reserve units based on an Agreement with the City.
- Household Eligibility - The City Agreements restrict units for moderate- and lower-income households. You may be eligible if your income level is moderate or lower. Click here to identify your income level. The State annually publishes income levels. The 2011 levels are in effect until the 2012 levels are published by the State, which is anticiapted to occur by June 2012.
- Rent Maximum - Click here for a list of the maximum allowable rents for city-restricted units.
- Non-City-Restricted Units - Some properties provide affordable housing based on Agreements with non-City entities (such as the California Tax Credit Allocation Committee). The City does not have information for non-City-restricted units; therefore, it is suggested that interested parties contact individual property managers to identify non-City-restricted properties.
- Section 8 / Housing Choice Voucher Program - Property owners in the City of Pinole may accept Housing Choice Voucher / Section 8. The Housing Choice Voucher (HCV), also known as the Section 8 program, is a federally-funded program managed by the Housing Authority of the County of Contra Costa. The City of Pinole does not provide information regarding HCV-Section 8. For information about HCV-Section 8, please contact the Housing Authority of the County of Contra Costa at www.contracostahousing.org.