Affordable housing is available in the City of Pinole. Some of the opportunities include:
- City-Restricted Units - Click here for a list of properties that reserve units based on an Agreement with the City.
- Household Eligibility - The City Agreements restrict units for moderate- and lower-income households. You may be eligible if your income level is moderate or lower. Click here to identify your income level.
- Rent Maximum - Click here for a list of the maximum allowable rents for city-restricted units.
- Non-City-Restricted Units - Some properties provide affordable housing based on Agreements with non-City entities (such as the California Tax Credit Allocation Committee). The City does not have information for non-City-restricted units; therefore, it is suggested that interested parties contact individual property managers to identify non-City-restricted properties.
- Section 8 / Housing Choice Voucher Program - Property owners in the City of Pinole may accept Housing Choice Voucher / Section 8. The Housing Choice Voucher (HCV), also known as the Section 8 program, is a federally-funded program managed by the Housing Authority of the County of Contra Costa. The City of Pinole does not provide information regarding HCV-Section 8. For information about HCV-Section 8, please contact the Housing Authority of the County of Contra Costa at www.contracostahousing.org.